- 1 cup celery chopped
- 2 lbs lobster meat cooked, chilled, chopped into chunks
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Ground black pepper
- 6 tbsp butter unsalted
- 8 hot dog buns
- In a medium bowl, combine the lobster meat, celery and mayonnaise and gently toss until well mixed. Season with the salt and pepper and chill for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Preheat a large heavy skillet over medium flame. Lightly butter both sides of each bun and cook for 2 minutes per side, until golden brown. (The buns may also be toasted under a broiler.)
- When toasted, stuff them with the chilled lobster salad and serve immediately.
When celery is chopped, it tends to release its natural moisture, which can water down the lobster salad and give it a soupy consistency. To avoid this, chop the celery, wrap it in a dry clean towel or several paper towels, and place in the refrigerator. Allow water to leach, then squeeze prior to adding to salad.