By Central Market
Yield 2Please log in to add this to your favorites.
- 2 tbsp. neutral oil or butter
- 1.25 lbs. lamb mince (from the Market)
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1-2 stalks of celery, diced
- 10 oz. beef stock
- 1/2 tbsp. flour
- 1 lb. potatoes cooked, mashed, and seasoned
- Heat 10-inch skillet over Medium heat. Add oil or butter and brown lamb mince 10 to 12 minutes.
- Add onions, carrots, celery, season with salt and pepper. Lower heat and cook for 10 minutes or until vegetables are wilted.
- Add 10 ounces Kitchen Basics Original Beef Stock. Bring to low boil. Reduce heat to Low.
- Simmer 90 minutes partially covered with a lid stirring occasionally.
- While meat simmers, prepare mashed potato topping
- Heat oven to 350 degrees
- Stir flour into 1 tablespoon cold water until smooth. Stir paste into meat. Simmer until gravy thickens. Makes 2 generous servings.
- Spoon meat sauce into a individually portioned baking dishes. Dot spoonful’s of mashed potatoes over meat. Spread and swirl the potatoes with a fork. Bake in oven 25 minutes until potatoes are golden and sauce bubbles.
Courses Main Course