- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into 1-inch “steaks”
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp pine nuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Mix olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, minced garlic, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Trim the outer leaves of the cauliflower. Place the stem of the cauliflower on a cutting board with the head of the cauliflower facing up. Slice into 1-in “steaks”, cutting through the stem.
- Place the cauliflower steaks on the parchment-lined baking tray. Brush the top side of the cauliflower with 1/2 the seasoned olive oil mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove the tray and flip the cauliflower. Brush with the remainder of the olive oil.
- Return to oven and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
Toasted Pine Nuts:
Place pine nuts to a heavy-bottom pan (cast iron works great) large enough to hold pine nuts in a single layer. Place over medium-low heat and toast until fragrant, stirring frequently. Once slightly golden, transfer pine nuts to a plate.
Remove cauliflower from the oven. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan, parsley, toasted pine nuts, and freshly cracked pepper. Serve warm.