- 3/4 cup unsalted butter or 1 1/2 sticks
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Ground nutmeg
- 2 1/2 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp table salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1 15 oz can pumpkin puree
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF. Grease a 12-cup Bundt pan and dust with flour.
- Combine the butter, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a small pan and heat on low until the butter is melted. Set aside to cool.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium mixing bowl.
- Whisk together the butter and cinnamon/nutmeg mixture, granulated sugar, brown sugar, pumpkin, eggs, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl.
- Stir the flour into the pumpkin mixture until combined. Stir in the chopped nuts.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 40 to 45 minutes.
- Let cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then invert it onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Slice and serve.
Store uneaten cake in a cake keeper or wrap in plastic and store at room temperature for up to 3 days.