Yield 4 people
- 2 cups Yukon Gold potatoes peeled, shredded
- 2 tbsp onion grated
- 1 tbsp scallions chopped
- 3 eggs beaten
- 2 tbsp matzoh meal
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup peanut oil for frying
- Place the potatoes in a cheesecloth and wring, extracting as much moisture as possible.
- In a medium bowl stir the potatoes, onion, green onion, eggs, matzo meal and salt together.
- In a large heavy-bottomed skillet over medium-high heat, heat the oil until hot. Place large spoonfuls of the potato mixture into the hot oil, pressing down on them to form 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick patties. Brown on one side, turn and brown on the other.
- Let drain on paper towels. Serve hot with a dollop of sour cream or caramel apple sauce.
Recipe by Central Market at https://centralmarket.com/recipes/potato-latkes/