- 2 to 3 oranges or tangelos, juiced
- Bunch of Basil
- 1 tablespoon dijion mustard
- 3-5 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 large handfuls of Spring Mix (green leaf lettuce, romaine, or red leaf lettuce)
- 1 large pomegranate
- 1-2 oranges or tangelos, supremed (sectioned)
- 2 radish, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup pecans, roasted
- In a blender or food processor, blend juice with basil, and mustard. Drizzle in olive oil. Season with salt and pepper as necessary.
- This dressing is meant to be thin and will lightly coat salad
- Wash and chop the greens, place in a salad bowl, and set aside.
- Peel and open the pomegranate. Remove the seeds and put them in a separate bowl. Add a handful of the pomegranate seeds and ½ of the orange sections to the bed of greens.
- Pour dressing over the greens and mix with your hands.
- Sprinkle the rest of the pomegranate seeds, the orange supremes, sliced radish and the toasted pecans on top of the salad.
Tip: Peeling pomegranates underwater (a full sink or big bowl will work) allows the seeds to sink and the pulp to float – and creates less of a mess, which makes everyone happier.