- 2 Beyond Sausage Hot Italian links
- 2 Acorn Squash
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 cups 5-grain blend, cooked
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 1/4 cup candied walnut pieces
- 2 red apples, sliced thinly
- 1/4 cup fresh pomegranate seeds
- 2 tsp balsamic glaze
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 10 fresh sage herb
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Cut each squash in half and remove the seeds. Drizzle all halves with one tablespoon of oil and season each half with salt and pepper.
- Roast in a 350F oven for approximately 25 minutes or until tender.
- Place a sauté pan on over medium heat with the remaining tablespoon of oil and add 5-grain blend, apples, walnuts, pomegranate seeds, and Beyond Italian sausage.
- Allow to heat through, 5-7 minutes. Add baby arugula and stir in until wilted, 1-2 minutes.
- Divide the stuffing between the four halves and drizzle with balsamic glaze.
- In a sauté pan, heat vegetable oil until it's shimmering. Drop 5 sage leaves in oil on the stove for 20 seconds and allow to get crispy. Remove and place on a paper towel. Repeat with remaining sage leaves.
- Top the stuffed squash with sage leaves and serve.
Adapted from BeyondMeat.com
Substitute Beyond Meat Ground, or any ground protein you prefer.