- 3 Large Hatch chiles, fresh
- 1 Medium sweet onion
- 1/2 Cup white vinegar
- 1/2 Cup water
- 1/4 Cup sugar
- 1/2 Tbsp sea salt
- Clean and dry Hatch chiles. Slice into rings.
- Quarter onion and slice into pieces the same size as chile rings.
- Add sliced peppers and onions to a clean, sealable container.
- Heat the water, vinegar, sugar, and salt in a heavy pan until it comes to a boil. Remove from heat and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Add brine to chile and onions, covering completely.
- Refridgerate the chiles for at least 24 hours. Store in an clean mason jar for 2-3 weeks in the refrigerator.
Adapted from Craving Something Healthy.