- 2 Scottish salmon fillets, skin on
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- Freshly ground black pepper
For the tarragon cream sauce
- 1.25 cups double cream
- 1.25 cups fish stock
- 4 tbsp chopped fresh tarragon
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- For the salmon, heat the olive oil and butter in a pan and season the salmon with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Lay the salmon skin-side down in the pan and fry for 4-5 minutes, then flip over and cook for a further 3-4 minutes, or until golden-brown all over and cooked to your liking. Set aside on a warm plate.
- For the tarragon sauce, place the cream and fish stock into a pan and bring to a gentle simmer. Reduce the mixture for 4-5 minutes, or until thickened slightly, then stir in the fresh herbs.
- To serve, place the salmon onto a serving plate and arrange the blanched vegetables alongside. Pour the cream sauce around the edge of the plate.