- 6 whole allspice berries
- 1 tbsp whole black peppercorns
- 2 whole star anise
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 3 orange zest large strips
- 3 lemon zest large strips
- 2 750 ml bottles red wine
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1 piece fresh ginger sliced, 1 inch
- Pour the wine and the honey into a slow cooker and stir.
- Place the allspice berries, peppercorns, and star anise in a cheesecloth, tied with kitchen twine. And packet, cinnamon sticks, ginger and citrus zest to the slow cooker.
- Warm on low for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Laddle wine into mugs, and keep the rest in the slow cooker on warm.
Find all the spices you need, in the amounts you need, in our Bulk section.