- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon verbena leaves
- 1 small ripe cantaloupe
- Prosecco or other sparkling wine, chilled
- Bring sugar, lemon verbena, and 1½ cups water to a simmer in a small saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring to dissolve sugar. Reduce heat to low and gently simmer 10 minutes. Let cool. Strain syrup into a pitcher; discard solids.
- Meanwhile, halve cantaloupe and remove seeds. Scoop flesh into a blender and purée until smooth. Stir into syrup and chill melon mixture until cold and foam has settled, 1–2 hours.
- To serve, fill 8 glasses a third of the way full with melon mixture (you’ll have some leftover); gently top off with Prosecco.
Melon mixture can be made 1 day ahead. Keep chilled.