- 4, 8 oz. lobster tails
- 1/2 teaspoon saffron
- 8 cup seafood stock
- 4 cup heavy cream
- 2 cup carrots chopped
- 1 cup Sherry
- 2 cup celery chopped
- 4 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 cup yellow onion chopped
- 1 stick butter
- 3 cloves garlic minced salt and white pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup flour
- Fill a stockpot with water, bring to a boil and add lobster tails. Cook until shells turn red and meat is just cooked, about 7-10 minutes.
- Cut down back of shells and remove tail meat, chop into small pieces and reserve.
- In another pot over medium heat, melt butter, add: carrots, celery, and onion; cook until vegetables begin to brown, add garlic, tomato paste, and flour, cook until vegetables turn dark brown.
- Add stock, scraping up brown bits from bottom of pan. Reduce by half.
- Puree vegetable mixture; return this to the liquid and add cream and sherry, then reduce this by 1/3, or until bisque coats the back of a spoon
- Add reserved lobster meat and season with salt and pepper.