- 12 ounces casarecce pasta penne can be substituted
- 1/2 pound haricots verts cut in half lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 5 teaspoons lemon zest divided
- 1/4 cup roasted salted pistachios finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 1 tablespoon shallots minced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups arugula loosely packed
- roasted salted pistachios for garnish
- Parmesan cheese for garnish
- Cook pasta according to package directions, adding green beans to boiling water during last 2 minutes of cooking time; drain. Rinse pasta mixture with cold running water; drain well.
- Place pasta mixture, thyme, and 3 teaspoons lemon zest in a large bowl; toss gently to combine.
- Whisk together 1/4 cup pistachios, next 5 ingredients, and remaining 2 teaspoons lemon zest in a small bowl. Add oil in a slow, steady stream, whisking constantly until blended. Drizzle over pasta mixture. Add arugula, and toss gently to coat. Serve with desired toppings.