- 1/2 cup light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seed oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger root minced
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds swordfish cut into 4 portions, 1 inch or thicker
- In a plastic bag combine all ingredients except the swordfish. Mix the marinade in the bag until combined and add the swordfish, coating it completely. Seal the bag, refrigerate, and let the swordfish marinate for 1 to 2 hours, turning it occasionally.
- Preheat a grill, or broiler with rack in the top position.
- Brush the grill with vegetable oil. Discard the marinade and grill the swordfish (or broil it on a rack set in a baking pan) for 4 minutes on each side until medium.
- Serve immediately.