A combination of sweet, spicy and salty elements. It’s like American barbecue sauce in use and consistency, which makes sense, as it’s often used with grilled Korean specialties like shaved beef and pork ribs
- ¼ cup fermented soybean paste (doenjang)
- 1-2 tsp. Korean red chile paste (gochujang)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 1 tsp. honey
- 2 tsp. roasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp. sesame seeds, toasted
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl, adjusting the amount of chile paste to taste.
- Use immediately or cover and refrigerate for up to 1 week.