- 2 lbs ground lean lamb
- 1 cup onion diced
- 1 cup carrots diced
- 1 cup celery diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 8 oz beef stock
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 lbs potatoes cooked, mashed, and seasoned
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- Cook ground lamb in frying pan until brown.
- Add onions, carrots, celery, garlic, salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Lower heat and cook for 10 minutes or until vegetables are wilted. Drain any excess oil.
- Sprinkly flour onto lamb and vegetable mix. Stir until incorporated.
- Once flour is absorved, add rosemary, thme, and beef stock. Bring to medium heat and cook until gravy thickens to bind the filling.
- Pour into a large shallow baking pan and cool. The filling should be about 1 1/2 inches deep.
- Cover the meat mixture in the pan with hot mashed potatoes. Smooth potatoes evenly, and brush the surface with melted butter.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
Bake in handled soup bowls for individual servings.