- 30 medium-small Cremini or white mushrooms
- 8 ounces Spring Valley Dry Cured Ibérico Bacon
- Central Market Spanish Organic Olive Oil
- Brush or gently rinse mushrooms to remove dirt and set on towel to dry. Remove stems and leave caps whole for stuffing.
- Chop cold Ibérico Bacon finely into 3/8-inch pieces. Stuff cavity of each mushroom cap with ½ tablespoon chopped bacon.
- Pour olive oil to ¼-inch depth in a 12-inch heavy skillet with a lid. Heat oil over medium heat 5 minutes until 325 to 350°F. When oil is hot, carefully place stuffed mushrooms in skillet with bacon-side up.
- Cover skillet. Cook 10 minutes. Carefully remove mushrooms to a plate lined with paper towel to blot oil. Serve while hot.
For more Spanish flavor, season chopped bacon with 3/8 teaspoon smoked Spanish paprika and mix thoroughly.
Mushrooms may be prepared ahead of time and held refrigerated. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before cooking to warm to room temperature before adding to heated oil.