- 1 Cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Dried Hatch chile (heat level of your choice)
- Remove stem of dried Hatch chile and roughly chop the chile.
- Add the chopped chile to a clean glass sealable container or olive oil dispenser.
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over medium-high for 4 minutes.
- Remove the olive oil from the heat and let cool for 2 minutes.
- Pour the warm olive oil into the container with the chopped chiles. Use a funnel if necessary.
- Seal the container and let the oil infuse for a couple of hours.
- Taste to make sure the spice level is to your liking. Strain the chiles to keep the heat as is, or let them continue to infuse the oil.
- Store in an air-tight contianer.
Leaving the seeds and membrane will create a spicier olive oil. You can remove these before chopping if you want a milder olive oil.