- 1 lb Hatch chile sausages
- 8 eggs
- 3 cups whole milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 dozen Central Market flour tortillas
- 4-5 roasted Hatch chiles peeled, seeded and diced
- 2 cups Hatch Monterey Jack cheese grated
- 1/2 cup fresh corn
- 2 tbsp New Mexico chili powder or to taste
- Cook sausage and crumble.
- In a large bowl, lightly beat eggs. Whisk in milk and season with salt and pepper.
- Pass tortillas through egg mixture and line bottom of sprayed baking dish. Spread layers of crumbled sausage, chiles, cheese and corn. Dust with chili powder. Repeat layers, ending with tortillas.
- Sprinkle cheese on top and pour egg mixture over strata; it should fill the dish and cover tortillas. Cover and chill for four hours or overnight.
- Cover with foil and bake in 400 degree oven for 35 to 45 minutes.
- Remove foil for last 10 or 15 minutes of cooking to brown the top. A toothpick inserted in the center should come out clean.
Use Central Market Hatch bread instead of tortillas. Add diced tomatoes and green onions for a colorful variation.