By CENTRAL MARKET 20TH ANNIVERSARY COOKBOOKPlease log in to add this to your favorites.
- 2 pounds haricots verts, ends removed
- 1 pound white, red, and yellow pearl onions
- 1 cup dry sherry
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup water
- 4 to 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- Salt and pepper
- 4 strips prosciutto
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Blanch haricots verts for 3 minutes in salted boiling water. Transfer to a bowl of ice water to stop cooking, then drain and set aside.
- Cook onions in boiling water for 3 minutes. Drain and allow to sit until cool to the touch. Remove outer skin; trim top and bottom. Place onions, sherry, honey, water, and 2 tablespoons of the butter in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer, checking often, until liquid has evaporated and onions are carmelized, about 30 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place parchment paper on a sheet pan, then add prosciutto. Bake for 3 minutes. Turn over and bake an additional 3 minutes. Cut or break strips into small pieces.
- To assemble, reheat haricots verts in a pan with remaining 2 to 3 tablespoons butter.
- In a serving bowl, gently mix haricots verts and onions, top with prosciutto, and serve.
Haricots verts can be blanched in advance, iced, drained and kept covered in the fridge for cooking the next day.