Yield 6Please log in to add this to your favorites.
Happy Abdelbaki, Central Market Featured Chef
- 1/2 bunche celery chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1 bunche green onions chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp majoram
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika optional
- 1 3/4 cups chicken stock
- 2 tbsp hot sauce
- 2 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 ham hock
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 lbs smoked sausage cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 cups long grain rice parboiled
- Cook vegetables in oil in a large pot over high heat until they begin to caramelize. Reduce heat and cook until vegetables are very dark in color. Add spices and herbs. Cook until herbs are aromatic. Add chicken stock, hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce and ham hock. Bring to a boil and simmer until the smell of vinegar is gone.
- Add chicken and sausage. Bring to a medium boil and cook for 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand for 30 minutes. Skim off desired amount of oil. Discard bay leaf. Return to a boil. Stir in rice. Reduce heat to low. Cook, covered, for 20 minutes. Stir thoroughly and cook, covered, for an additional 10 minutes.
A rich and delicious recipe for Jambalaya.