Yield 8 servingsPlease log in to add this to your favorites.
Laura W. - 2007 Hatch Recipe Contest Winner 07/16/2009
- 3/4 cup mango cubed
- 3/4 cup pineapple cubed
- 3/4 cup strawberries sliced
- 1/4 cup Hatch chiles roasted, seeded skinned and chopped
- 1-2 jalapeños seeded and minced
- 3 tbsp fresh mint thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp light brown sugar
- 1 pound cake cut into 8 1/2 inch slices
- 3 tbsp butter softened (2 sticks)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla you can use vanilla bean paste
- 2 tsp powdered sugar
- Mix all fruit and chiles together carefully. Add jalapeños, mint, lime juice and brown sugar. Set aside.
- Butter pound cake slices and place on outdoor grill until lightly toasted.
- Whip one cup of heavy cream. Add vanilla and powdered sugar.
- Plate grilled pound cake and spoon hatch mango salsa over top. Top with whipped cream.