Grilled Portobello Mushrooms With Fontina and Pancetta
Yield 6 servings
- 1/2 cup port wine
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 4 oz sliced pancetta chopped
- 6 Portobello mushroom caps stems removed
- 8 oz Italian fontina cheese sliced
- Finely chopped parsley for garnish
- In a small saucepan, heat the port wine and balsamic vinegar over medium-high heat on the grill until the mixture is reduced by half and is slightly thickened.
- Saute pancetta in a small pan on the grill until cooked through, approximately 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Using the same pan, saute the mushroom caps gently until tender. Remove from heat. Add the pancetta to half of the reduced wine and vinegar mixture.
- With the undersides of mushrooms facing up, place a slice of the cheese on each. Spoon some of the pancetta, wine, and vinegar mixture over the top.
- Grill until cheese is melted. Top with the remaining sauce, and garnish with the chopped parsley.
For appetizers, cut each mushroom cap into quarters and serve with toothpicks. This could also be a main course.
Recipe by Central Market at https://centralmarket.com/recipes/grilled-portobello-mushrooms-with-fontina-and-pancetta/