- 1 each sweet onion coarsley chopped
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 each green bell pepper de-seeded
- 1 each dried chile crumbled
- 1 slice fresh ginger one inch
- 10 leaves fresh mint
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/2 Cup canola oil
- 1/4 Cup white wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 pounds hanger steak
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine, onion, garlic, bell pepper, chile, ginger, mint, thyme, and orange juice. Pulse mixture until pureed. Add oil, vinegar, lime juice, and ground pepper, then blend thoroughly.
- Place steak in a large freezer storage bag. Pour marinade over steak, seal and refrigerate, turning several times, for a minimum of 4 hours up to 10 hours. Let stand at room temperature for 1 hour prior to grilling.
- Coat surface of grill with vegetable oil, heat grill until hot.
- Remove steak from marinade. Grill for 2-3 minutes per side. Transfer meat to a carving board and let rest for 5 minutes. Slice hanger steak on an angle and serve.
Author: Linda and Fred Griffith 09/14/2015
Adapted From: Garlic, Garlic, Garlic Cookbook