- 6 ears fresh sweet corn in husks
- About an hour before serving, place the ears of corn, in their husks, in a deep bowl or bucket, cover with cold water and weight with a plate to keep them submerged.
- If using a charcoal grill, start the charcoal and let it burn down to a medium-hot bed of coals. Set the grill about 4 inches above the coals.
- For gas grilling, set the heat to medium-high.
- Arrange the corn on the grill to permit frequent turning and roast for 15 to 20 minutes, turning frequently, until the outer leaves are blackened.
- Remove, and let cool several minutes, then remove the husks and silk. The corn can be buttered, returned to the grill, and turned frequently until nicely browned. Serve immediately.
Try a squeeze of lime juice and a shake of ground chile pepper to make it special.