- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 3 Each mango peeled, pitted and pureed
- 1/3 Cup balsamic vinegar for drizzling
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup yellow onion Chopped
- 1/4 Cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 Cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger Grated
- 1/2 Tbsp limes Zested
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1 each mango peeled, pitted, and diced
- Rinse chicken and pat dry. Pierce surface of meat with a fork and place in a resealable plastic bag with pureed mango, balsamic vinegar, oil, salt and pepper. Seal bag and marinate in the refrigerator for several hours or overnight.
- Combine all other ingredients except for diced mangos in a medium saucepan and stir well. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes.
- Uncover and simmer over low heat for a few minutes more to cook off excess liquid. Stir in diced mangos and let cool.
- When ready to serve, remove chicken from marinade and grill over medium coals for about 5 to 7 minutes on each side, or until cooked through. Serve with Mango Chutney.
Mango chutney may be made up to 2 weeks ahead. Store tightly covered in the
refrigerator. Leftover chutney is delicious when spread on cold or grilled ham