- 6 Hatch peppers, cut into thin strips, seeds and stem removed
- 3/4 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Tsp. paprika
- 1/2 Tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 Tsp. salt
- Black pepper
- 1 Large egg
- 1/2 Cup whole milk
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, paprika, onion powder, and salt. Add black pepper to taste.
- In a second bowl, whisk together milk and egg.
- Dip each Hatch Pepper strip into egg wash, then into flour mixture.
- In a large skillet, heat about 1" vegetable oil over medium heat. Once the oil is hot, fry about half of the strips until they're golden (about 2 minutes). Remove strips from oil and rest on a paper towel-lined plate. Repeat with remaining strips.
- Serve with ranch dipping sauce.
Adapted from Delish