- 2 lbs chicken thighs
- 2-3 tbsp hot bean paste
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds crushed
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 cup green onions finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 tbsp Salt
- 1/8 tbsp black pepper
- Remove skin from chicken thighs. Score meat on both sides by making shallow diagonal cuts about 1-inch apart.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together bean paste, soy sauce, sesame seeds, sesame oil, sugar, green onions, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Pour into a plastic bag; add chicken thighs. Seal bag; turn to coat chicken. Marinate in the refrigerator for 4 to 24 hours, turning bag occasionally. Remove chicken, scraping off excess marinade. Reserve marinade.
- Place chicken on the grill rack of an uncovered grill. Grill directly over medium coals for 15 minutes.
- Turn chicken and grill for 10 to 15 minutes more.
- Baste both sides with reserved marinade and grill for 5 minutes more, or until chicken is tender and no pink remains, turning once.
- Discard any remaining marinade.