- 2 cups butter softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 4 cups all-purpose flour sifted
- 1 cup raspberry preserves
- 1/2 cup milk
- 8 cups confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Gradually stir in the flour until well blended.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough out to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut into rounds using a cookie cutter.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes in a preheated oven. Watch carefully as to not burn.
- Allow cookies to cook on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Spread one teaspoon of jam between 2 cookies and repeat with remaining cookies.
- In a medium bowl, gradually stir the milk into the confectioners' sugar until the icing is of a spreadable consistency.
- Spread icing on top of the sandwiched cookies.
- Top each cookie with one raspberry while the icing is still wet.