- 1 Large Egg
- 3 Tablespoons Sugar
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1/4 Cup Sunflower Oil
- 1 & 1/3 Cups Flour
- 4 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Cup Chocolate Chips
- 1/4 Cup Raspberries for Garnish
- 100ml Heavy Cream
- 100g Chocolate Chips
- Making the chocolate ganache first allows time for it to cool while the pancakes are frying. Begin by heating heavy cream in a saucepan until it simmers.
- Pour chocolate chips over the simmering heavy cream and let it sit for 5 minutes without stirring. Then, whisk together until it turns into a smooth, silky ganache. Let the ganache rest until it reaches room temperature before pouring it over pancakes.
- To make pancakes, whisk together egg and sugar in a medium bowl until creamy. Add in milk and sunflower oil, whisking until combined well.
- In another bowl, whisk dry ingredients and sift it into the wet ingredients. Whisk until combined well. The batter will be thick. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Heat a pan over medium heat and brush with a little sunflower oil. Scoop the batter onto the pan using a 1/4 cup for each pancake. Cook until bubbles form on top, for about 1 minute or so. Flip them over and cook for another 1 minute. Repeat this until you finish the batter.
- Stack the pancakes on a plate and pour on the chocolate ganache, letting the chocolate flow down. Wait a few minutes so the ganache sets a bit, then top with raspberries.