- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 2, 19 oz cans cannellini beans drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp garlic minced
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 stalk fresh rosemary bruised
- 1 tsp truffle oil
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium high heat. add onion and sauté until tender, stir in the garlic and pepper; sauté until fragrant. Add rosemary sprig and sauté 30 seconds.
- Stir in the broth and beans; bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in the lemon juice. Let stand for five minutes to cool. Remove the rosemary.
- In batches (using a food processor or blender) puree until smooth. If you want you can leave some of the beans intact so that there is some texture.
- Makes four 1-cup servings- drizzle each serving with truffle oil. Careful not to use too much.