- 4 cups vegetable stock or beef or chicken stock
- 2 cups wild rice
- 1 cup toasted walnut pieces
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tbsp orange zest grated
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Sea salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Bring stock to a boil. Add wild rice and cook, covered, over low heat until rice is tender, about 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a metal bowl to cool.
- Toast walnut pieces in the oven at 350 for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Mix together toasted walnuts, cranberries, orange zest, vinegar and olive oil, then add to rice.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.