- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 pkgs dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water 105-115 degrees
- 2 eggs beaten
- 2 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Orange rind grated
- 5 1/2-6 cups all-purpose flour divided
- 1, 14 oz jar cranberry-orange relish
- 2 tbsp pecans chopped
- 1 cup powdered sugar sifted
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a saucepan; heat until butter melts. Cool to 105 degrees to 115 degrees.
- Dissolve yeast in warm water in a large bowl; let stand for 5 minutes. Add milk mixture, eggs, salt, orange rind, and 2 cups flour to yeast; beat at medium speed of an electric mixer 2 minutes.
- Gradually stir in enough remaining flour to make a stiff dough. Place dough in a well-greased bowl, turning to grease top; cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours. Turn dough out onto a highly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic (about one minute). Roll dough into a 15-x 10- inch rectangle on a lightly floured surface. Spread relish evenly over dough, leaving a 1- inch margin; sprinkle with pecans.
- Roll up dough, jellyroll fashion, starting at one long side; pinch seam to seal. Place roll on a large greased baking sheet, seam side down; shape into a ring and pinch ends together to seal.
- Using kitchen shears, make cuts in dough at 1-inch intervals around ring, cutting two thirds of the way through roll with each cut. Gently turn each piece of dough on its side, slightly overlapping slices.
- Cover dough and let rise in warm place (85 degrees), free from drafts, 45 minutes or until doubled in bulk. Bake at 375 degrees fro 20 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack. Combine powdered sugar and orange juice, drizzle over coffee cake while warm.
For fresh hot bread in the morning, prepare the dough ahead and store it overnight in the refrigerator.