- 2-3 bunches collard greens
- 1 medium carrot peeled and grated
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium shallot julienne
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 8-oz can crushed pineapple drained
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons Salt
- 1/2 cup roasted salted peanuts chopped
- Remove the tough stems from the collards and then cut them into 1-inch strips, crosswise. Combine the collard strips and the carrots in a large bowl.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil, shallots and crushed red pepper flakes over medium heat until they are soft and translucent. Just before they begin to brown, add the raisins, pineapple, orange juice, vinegar, mustard, honey and salt. Bring the mixture up to a boil and turn off heat.
- Pour the hot mixture over the collards and toss to combine and wilt the collards. Chill until ready to use or can be served warm. Just before serving, top with chopped peanuts.