- 2 sticks unsalted butter softened
- 1-1/2 tsp flat-leaf parsley finely chopped
- 2 lbs live lobsters 1-1/4each
- 4 large garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 450°F with a large shallow baking pan in upper third.
- Mince and mash garlic to a paste with 1/2 teaspoon salt, then stir together with butter and parsley.
- Plunge lobsters headfirst into a large pot of boiling salted water (3 tablespoons salt for 6 quarts water) and cook, covered, 3 minutes from time they enter water. Transfer with tongs to a plate and let stand 5 minutes. (Lobsters will not be fully cooked.)
- Lightly crack claws, then split lobsters lengthwise and discard innards from body cavity. Remove tail meat from 1 lobster and cut crosswise into 8 pieces.
- Spread about 2 tablespoons garlic butter in one empty half shell, then fill that shell with all of sliced lobster and dot with 1 tablespoon garlic butter. Spoon about 5 tablespoons garlic butter into other empty half shell (for dipping).
- Repeat with remaining lobster. Bake in preheated pan until just cooked through, about 6 minutes.