- 2 tsp New Mexico ground chili powder
- 1 cup unbleached flour
- 1 cup candied pecans
- 1 generous pinch Salt
- 1 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 10 tbsp unsalted butter cold
- 4 oz unsweetened chocolate
- 3 extra large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Generously butter and lightly flour a 9 x 13-inch baking pan.
- Melt chocolate and butter in a heavy bottom pan over low heat, stirring well. Allow mixture to cool. Stir in sugar and mix well. Beat eggs and vanilla into the batter until well blended.
- Stir in flour, ground chile and salt until just mixed. Fold in pecans and pour batter into pan, spreading evenly.
- Bake for 25 - 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.