- 1 cup oats
- 1 1/2 cups milk your choice
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- cinnamon to taste
- 1-2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1-2 tbsp ground flax seeds
- In a saucepan, mix 1 cup oats with approximately 1 1/2 cups of milk. Bring to a boil. Tip: You can add more milk to make your oatmeal less thick or less dry.
- In the meantime, mash up your banana until it has a smooth consistency.
- When the oatmeal has boiled, add the mashed banana to the saucepan of oats. With a spoon, stir in the mashed banana until it blends in with the rest of the oatmeal.
- If using, add a dash of cinnamon—about 1/8 tsp.
- After the mashed banana has been stirred in, mix in 1 tsp of cocoa powder.
- To make your oats even healthier, you can also mix in 1-2 tablespoons of chia seeds and ground flax seeds.
- Top with berries, dig in, and enjoy!