Like pesto’s cousin that spent a semester abroad, South American chimichurri is herby, garlicky, and bright. Slather it on basically everything off the grill, but you’ll especially love it with beef.
- 1 head garlic, separated into cloves and peeled
- 1 cup packed, fresh, flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 cup fresh oregano leaves
- 2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. coarse salt
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Mince garlic very finely and put in a medium-sized bowl.
- Mince parsley and oregano and add to the garlic along with the red pepper flakes.
- Whisk in the red wine vinegar, then the olive oil, followed by the salt.
- Transfer to a jar and refrigerate. Let the flavors mingle for at least a day before serving. The sauce can be kept refrigerated for up to 3 weeks.