- 5 Whole roasted Hatch chiles
- 1 Cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 Cup grated pepper jack cheese
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1/4 Cup milk
- 1/4 Tsp salt
- Salsa of your choice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 8-in x 8-in (or 9-in x 9-in) casserole dish with non-stick spray.
- Carefully cut open Hatch chiles and remove seeds. Pat dry with paper towel.
- Reserve 1/4 cup of mixed cheese. Evenly fill chiles with the rest of grated cheese mixture.
- Separate eggs. Mix yolks well with flour, milk, and salt.
- Beat egg whites until soft peaks. Fold the egg whites into the yolk mixture until combined.
- Spread egg mixture over chiles in dish. Sprinkle remainder of cheese on top.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Remove from oven and let sit for 5 minutes before serving with salsa.
This is a great base casserole you can easily make a fuller meal! Add cooked breakfast sausage for the perfect brunch dish, or cooked ground beef or chicken for an easy dinner meal.