- 8 ounces Central Market Uncured Cherrywood Bacon
- 2 cups shredded Queso Asadero cheese
- 1 poblano pepper, seeded
- 8 flour tortillas (6-inch)
- Non-stick cooking spray or Canola oil
Gala Apple Salsa:
- 1 medium Gala Apple, cored and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons each finely chopped red and yellow bell pepper
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper
1. Heat a large skillet over medium heat 3 to 4 minutes. Slowly brown bacon for 10 minutes to medium doneness. Drain bacon on paper towel. Tear or cut bacon into 1-inch pieces.
2. Shred cheese and set aside. Split poblano pepper and discard seeds and stem. Chop pepper finely.
3. Place 1/3 cup chopped poblano in a small glass bowl. Add salsa ingredients; stir to blend. Set aside.
4. Sprinkle ¼ cup shredded cheese over each of 4 tortillas. Distribute approximately 2 tablespoons chopped poblano and one-fourth of bacon pieces over cheese on each tortilla. Sprinkle ¼ cup cheese over bacon and cover with remaining 4 tortillas.
5. Spray 2 medium skillets with non-stick cooking spray or brush with canola oil. Heat skillets over Medium-High heat. Using a spatula, place 1 quesadilla in each skillet. Heat 2 to 3 minutes, until cheese just begins to melt and bottom of tortilla is lightly toasted. Carefully turn quesadillas with a spatula. Heat second side 2 to 3 minutes.
6. Repeat Step 5 to cook remaining quesadillas. Cut into wedges and serve with Gala Apple salsa.