Ceviche of Red Snapper
Yield 2 people
- 1/2 lb snapper fillet, skinless
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp jalapeño chile seeded and minced, or more to taste
- 1/2 tsp Salt or more to taste
- 1/8 tsp Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 Roma tomatoes sliced
- 1/4 small red onion sliced
- 1 green onion
- 4 tsp fresh cilantro leaves chopped
- Cut the snapper into small dice or strips.
- Combine the lime juice, olive oil, jalapeño, garlic, salt, and pepper in a bowl and whisk to blend well. Add the snapper and toss to coat evenly. Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours or up to overnight.
- As close as possible to the time you wish to serve the ceviche, prepare the other vegetables. Peel and seed the tomatoes and cut into neat dice or julienne. Cut the red onion into very thin slices and separate the slices into rings. Cut the green onion, white and green parts, very thinly on the bias.
- Fold the cilantro into the ceviche and mound it on a chilled platter or individual plates. Scatter the tomato, red onion, and green onion on top of the ceviche.
Recipe by Central Market at https://centralmarket.com/recipes/ceviche-of-red-snapper/