White balsamic vinaigrette - Makes: 3 cups
- 1 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- zest of 1 orange
- 1 large shallot, sliced thinly
- 4 cups brioche or challah, made into 1-inch cubes
- 1 1/2 cups cherries, pitted and halved
- 10 large leaves basil, sliced into ribbons
- 10 large leaves mint, sliced into ribbons
- 2 ounces arugula leaves
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- 1 cup white balsamic vinaigrette or more as needed
- Salt and Pepper
- Combine all ingredients in bowl except olive oil and stir together
- Incorporate olive oil in steady stream while continuing to stir
- Preheat oven to 325-degree
- Place brioche cubes onto a sheet pan and place in a preheated oven. Bake until completely dry and lightly golden, 20-25 minutes. Check half way through.
- Once the croutons are cool they can be held for 1 to 2 days in an airtight container.
- In a large bowl, toss croutons with ½ cup white balsamic vinaigrette, allow croutons to soak up vinaigrette, 2-3 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients, season with salt and pepper and add a drizzle of vinaigrette.
- Toss to combine. Add additional dressing as needed.