- 1½ pounds fresh Brussels sprouts
- 3 tablespoons Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 5 medium shallots, thinly sliced
- 4 Tablespoons Butter
- 2 medium Granny Smith Apples, diced
- 2 Tablespoons Brown sugar
- 5 ounces (about 6 slices) Red Top Farms Berkshire Uncured Applewood Smoked Bacon
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Trim browned ends from Brussels sprouts and remove any yellow outer leaves as needed. In a medium bowl, toss Brussels sprouts with olive oil, salt and pepper to coat.
3. Pour onto a sheet pan and roast in oven 35 to 40 minutes until tender, shaking pan about every 10 minutes to brown sprouts evenly. Some will have browned outer leaves – if charred, discard those leaves. Lightly sprinkle sprouts with more Kosher salt.
4. While sprouts roast, cook sliced bacon over medium heat in a skillet. Drain and crumble.
5. Drain bacon drippings from skillet. Melt butter in skillet. Sauté sliced shallots and diced apples in butter until apples are “pie soft.” Stir in brown sugar until incorporated. Remove from heat. Stir in crumbled bacon.
6. Dress roasted Brussels sprouts while hot with sautéed shallot, apple and bacon mixture. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.