- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef 85 percent lean
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tablespoon Ground black pepper
- 4 slices bacon crisp-cooked and crumbled
- 4 ounces Roquefort cheese crumbled
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 4 hamburger buns or onion rolls split and toasted
- Sliced ripe tomato
- Sliced red onion
- Crisp fresh lettuce
- In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard, and pepper. Mix gently with your hands until completely combined. (Be careful not to overdo this step, or the hamburgers will be tough.) Divide the ground beef mixture into 8 equal portions and flatten into round patties.
- In a separate bowl, combine the crumbled bacon, Roquefort cheese, and thyme. Divide the cheese mixture among 4 of the 8 patties. Be sure to leave approximately a 1-inch border around the edge. Top each of the 4 patties with the remaining patties and pinch the edges together to seal in the cheese mixture.
- Place the stuffed hamburger patties on a platter or a sheet pan; cover and refrigerate until ready to cook.
- Begin with a clean and lightly oiled grill. Heat grill to medium-high. Grill the burgers for about 6 minutes per side, or until they do not stick and can be lifted easily with a spatula. Serve immediately on the toasted buns, with tomato, onion, and lettuce.