- 1 1/2 lbs boneless sirloin steak cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 6 garlic cloves finely minced
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 2/3 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 small zucchini sliced
- 4 large green onions
- bamboo skewers soaked in water 1 hr
- Place steak cubes in a resealable plastic bag. Whisk the soy sauce, vegetable oil, vinegar, sesame seeds, sugar, garlic, sesame oil and red pepper flakes in a small bowl. Reserve half to use as dipping sauce. Add the remaining marinade to the plastic bag. Seal; turn the bag to coat the beef well. Refrigerate for 4 to 6 hours.
- Prepare a gas or charcoal grill to medium-high heat.
- Meanwhile, cut the zucchini into 1-inch pieces. Cut each green onion into 3 pieces, each piece about 1 1/2 inches long.
- Thread the beef cubes onto the skewers, alternating the beef cubes with the zucchini and green onions. Brush once with the marinade. Grill the kebabs, covered, turning occasionally, 12 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked through and a meat thermometer inserted into the beef registers 145 degrees F for medium-rare.
- Serve with the reserved marinade for dipping and hot cooked rice, if desired.