- 1 package (14 oz.) frozen New French Bakery Artisan Pizza Dough or your favorite recipe
- Semolina flour
- 8 strips Nodine's Hickory Juniper Smoked Bacon or Central Market Uncured Hickory Bacon
- ½ cup crème fraiche
- 1 cup Fromage Blanc or Cream Cheese, brought to room temperature 1
- /8 teaspoon each fine sea salt, ground white pepper and grated nutmeg
- 1 medium white onion, sliced very thinly
- ½ cup shredded Emmenthaler cheese, optional
1. Thaw dough in refrigerator overnight. Let dough set at room temperature 60 minutes prior to baking. Place pizza stone in a cold oven and heat oven to 450°F. A parchment lined baking sheet may be used instead of a stone.
2. Cook bacon in a pre-heated large skillet over medium heat 8 minutes turning halfway through time or as need to prevent uneven browning. Remove from pan while still soft and drain on paper towel. Coarsely chop bacon into 1-inch pieces.
3. Sauté sliced onion in bacon drippings about 8 minutes until soft and golden. Remove onions and drain on paper towel.
4. Stir or beat crème fraiche and Fromage Blanc with seasonings until smooth and well blended.
5. Divide dough into thirds. Lightly sprinkle cutting board or pastry cloth with Semolina flour. Roll crusts very thinly into ovals or rounds about 1/8-inch thick.
6. Over each crust, spread ½ cup crème fraiche mixture and sprinkle with one-third of the bacon crumbles and one-third of the sautéed onions. Sprinkle each crust with 2 ½ Tablespoons shredded Emmenthaler, if desired.
7. Bake on stone or parchment lined baking sheet in center of oven 12 minutes or until bottom of crust is a light, golden brown.