- 2 1/3 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3/4 cup butter cubed
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 6 tbsp butter cubed
- 2 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup chopped pecans toasted
- 1 cup roasted and salted almonds chopped
- 1 cup roasted cashews chopped
- 1 cup roasted and salted pistachios chopped
- Preheat Oven to 375 F.
- Line bottom and sides of a 9x13-inch baking pan with parchment paper. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt; cut in 3/4 cup butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. (this can be done by hand.)
- Stir in egg until blended (mixture will be dry).
- Press firmly into prepared pan. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a heavy saucepan, over medium heat, bring the honey, brown sugar and 1/4 teaspoon salt to a boil; stir until the mixture is dissolved. Boil without stirring for 2 minutes.
- Add 6 tablespoons of butter, cubed, and whipping cream.
- Return to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Remove the pan from the heat; stir in pecans, almonds, cashews, and pistachios. Spread over crust, gently flattening with a spatula if needed.
- Cut into 2-inch squares, then cut each square into triangles. Makes 48 bars.