- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup pecans
- Candy thermometer
- Butter a marble slab or line a baking sheet with parchment or waxed paper.
- Combine the brown sugar, granulated sugar, pecans and butter in a heavy saucepan.
- Pour the water over the sugar mixture. Place the pan on a hot burner. Boil until 238-240 degrees, stirring just enough to keep the mixture from sticking to the pan.
- Remove from the heat. Add the vanilla, stirring just until mixed.
- Working quickly, drop by tablespoonfuls onto the prepared marble; the praline mixture hardens very fast. Let stand until cool.
- Wrap pralines individually in plastic wrap and store in tins
A great dessert that is easy to serve and stores well in an airtight container.