- 8-10 small Heirloom tomatoes variety of colors
- 2 cloves garlic finely minced
- 1/4 cup sweet onion or purple onion, diced
- 1 tbsp freshly parsley chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh basil chopped (or 1 tsp dried basil)
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp Freshly ground black pepper
- Cut cores from the tomatoes; slice each tomato into 8 to 10 wedges. Combine with remaining ingredients in a large bowl; toss to blend well.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
Serve on a bed of Central Market Organics salad mixes, like field greens or baby spinach and arugula blends. This is a great picnic recipe.