- 2 bunches fresh asparagus pencil thin
- 4 red-ripe tomatoes diced (recommend tomatoes on the vine)
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 small jalapeno pepper halved, seeded and minced (optional)
- 2 fresh limes juiced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and ground pepper to taste
- Trim the ends off the asparagus (about 2-inches from the base of each stem) and cut into small pieces; place in a bowl and add diced tomatoes, minced garlic, and jalapeno pepper. Stir to combine.
- Add cumin, the juice from 2 limes; stir to combine and season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cover and sit at room temperature for about 15 minutes before serving.
alsa can be prepared and refrigerated 1 day in advance.